Funded by DEEWR (Department of Education,
Employment and Workplace Relations) and is a
"Not for Profit" organisation
New Horizons Employment has been operating in the Burdekin since 1989 and our objective is to obtain and maintain jobs for people with disabilities and barriers to employment, to provide on-the-job training and support and ensure our clients are paid 'award wages', the same as anyone else.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, INJURY, HEALTH CONDITIONS
OR BARRIERS TO EMPLOYMENT.
- New horizons Employment will provide job seekers with disabilities, injury, health conditions or barriers with access to individually tailored employment services better suited to their needs, with stronger links to training and skills development, particularly in areas of local skills shortages.
- Disability Employment Services is demand driven, meaning all eligible job seekers with a disability, injury, health condition or barrier will have immediate access to New Horizons to prepare for, find and keep a job.
- New Horizons Employment has a specialist role assisting people with disability, injury health conditions and barriers into sustainable employment. New Horizons assess the impact that a participant’s condition has on their ability to find and retain a job, and work with participants to develop tailored pathways to employment.
- New Horizons Employment provides individual assistance to help participants achieve sustainable outcomes, and offer flexible options for those who need ongoing support in the workplace to retain their job.
- New Horizons Employment believes that the employment of people with disadvantages is not an act of charity, it is good business sense.
- Our staff works hard to support people looking for jobs to build skills and confidence that will assist them in securing real jobs. New Horizons believe work is fundamental to living a fulfilling and productive life and a job enables everyone to play a significant and valued role in the life of their community